Now that I’ve got my video recording setup mostly assembled, it’s time to start testing things out! In this quick pilot video I use an Arduino paired with an IR sensor to get curious and see if an old remote is still generating a signal. And if it is generating a signal, what does it look like?
Some take-aways I have from this video is:
- The process was pretty quick. Full disclosure this was my second take, but even still, the process was easy.
- I could use improved lighting
- When in “selfie mode,” I spend too much time looking at the monitor and not the camera.
- The go-pro quality is sort of low in zoom mode.
- The sound quality was good.
- Transitions could be smoother – just need practice.